Thursday 19 April 2012

Green tea!

GREEN TEA IS A DIETER'S BEST FRIEND!!!

Green tea has lots of health benefits! It is full of antioxidants and helps aid weight loss (thermogenesis, keeps fats from oxidising). It is also thought to give you a lower possibility of getting certain cancers and improves cholesterol levels.

You can get lots of different brands and flavours of green tea, but my favourite is most definitely 'Tetley Decaf Green Tea'. It's not very bitter compared to a lot of the other green teas I've tried before. Also I can drink it any time of the day, even just before I go to bed, because it has no caffeine in! I don't mind the non-decaf Tetley green tea, but it is a little bit too bitter for my liking, so I only have it if I feel I need the caffeine/energy. I barely brew my cuppa at all.. I literally just pour the boiling water over the teabag, use the spoon to squeeze the bag to death against the side of the cup and then take it out and stir.

I always have mine with 2 teaspoons of 'granulated Splenda sweetener'. I do love a sweet cuppa! And this sweetener is calorie free and is so much sweeter than actual sugar, which is why I love it so much! I've tried tea, even normal tea, with no sugar/sweetener many of times but I just can't drink it. I end up drinking a sip and then leaving it to go cold. I can have between 1 and 5 green teas a day. I think the most I've had in a day is about 7/8, I think..? I love the stuff! And the fact it helps weight loss is a mega-bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment