Saturday 14 April 2012

Lemon herb egg salad.


Today I made a Lemon Herb Egg Salad! I found the recipe on the blog 'Budget Bytes'. I did pretty much everything to the recipe, except I only used the egg whites. I chucked the eggs yolks away. This means the egg salad is a lot less calories! It makes 4 servings, and it's approx. 54 kcal per serving (that's only if it's made without the yolks in).

I found the mustard in the egg salad was a little over powering though.. It says to use 1 tbsp of dijon mustard, but next time I'll probably only about 1 tsp or maybe even half a tsp, because the dijon mustard is just so strong.

I've finally found some tasty low-kcal bread! I never ever eat sandwiches/toast/toasties/etc. because of how many calories there are in just one normal slice of bread (which is about 100+ kcal).. But 'Warburtons Weight Watchers White Danish' is only 50 kcal per slice! So I can now start enjoying bread again without feeling guilty.

I put one serving of the lemon herb egg salad into a small sandwich with some organic spinach! It was delicious! The sandwich - made with 2 pieces of bread, raw organic spinach and the egg salad - was only approx. 157 kcal! So very healthy and well within my calorie allowance for the day! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment