Wednesday 25 April 2012

Mini-gym!


Look what I haveee! We are being lent an exercise bike and a rowing machine, long-term, by my Grandad. So now I can work out more often, and in the comfort of my home - yay! He used to have a "mini-gym" in his house, but has now changed it to a small spare bedroom, so he's letting us borrow these! He also has a treadmill, but I'm not too keen on those, plus it's a lot bigger to store than these two are. Hopefully, by going on these 2-3 times a week, I may actually start toning up my yucky, flabby body a little!

Yesterday I did 35ish minutes on the exercise bike & about 15 minutes on the rowing machine. And the day before I did roughly 20 minutes on each of them. I'm not sure if I'll do any today or not yet.. I might give my legs a rest. But I shall be doing another load tomorrow, for sure.

I find purchasing your own equipment is a lot cheaper than any gym membership! You only pay once and if you look after the equipment properly, it should last years! Where as a gym membership, you pay £30-£40ish every month and hardly ever get your money's worth of exercise before the next payment is due! I would like to purchase my own exercise bike, I have wanted to for a while, but I just haven't had the money. So I guess I'm just lucky to know someone who could lend us one!

TIP: A great way of making the exercising a little less boring is by sticking the equipment in the living room, which is what I have done! That way you can watch television, watch a movie or listen to music channels whilst you're working out!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess,
    I really like your blog and well done on the weight loss. I am sure I don't have to tell you that its about getting healthy not being thin (I know its hard to separate the two) just keep reminding yourself about that and maybe even say it out loud from time to time. I find it keeps me away from the Peanut M&Ms when I remember that!

    Are you doing any exercise videos? It looks like you have enough space in your living room and they can fun while also kicking your butt.

    ReplyDelete