Monday 2 April 2012

Yay for low-kcal cookies!


Me and my boyfriend made some low calorie cookies together today. These cookies are called 'White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies' and the recipe's meant to only make about 20 cookies, but I managed to get just over 42ish out of it - which makes each cookie about 22 kcal! I did make them pretty small though.. It's a Slimming World recipe. I was looking through all my old Slimming World magazines, from when I was a member, and found this and just had to try it.

I had to do two batches as it made so many cookies.. I managed to burn the first batch though, and I think I may have slightly undercooked the second one, haha! But they taste pretty good! They have a slight orangey taste to them (from the orange zest that's in them) and the chocolate sure tastes good! I made a couple that had raisins on but the raisins just fell straight off whilst cooking. I'm making myself sound like a disaster cook, haha.

I love cookies but I don't think these cookies can compare to normal ones at all. They are not chewy or soft enough. They are quite hard, airy and crunchy.. More like biscuits than cookies in my opinion. But if you're just having a sugary craving then these will probably get rid of that! If I ever make them again, I'll probably make them bigger - might help them not be so crunchy..

If you'd like the recipe, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment