Friday 18 May 2012

Graze guilt-free high tea!

Got my first Graze box since coming back from Turkey yesterday, and to my delight there was one of their new 'guilt-free high tea' punnets inside of it! I've been wanting to try on of these since I found out they'd brought them out - mainly for the cuppa! I never thought I'd actually end up getting one though, as you can't select 'send soon' on any of them. So I was a very happy girly when I opened my graze box! I got the "carrot cake with an afternoon infusion". It was delicious - especially the tea! And only 102 kcal for the whole punnet! Yuuum!

The carrot cake is sweet and you can really taste the carrot in it. It has seeds on top and inside of it too, which is different, but very tasty! It's very moist and sticky, which I like (so probably best to eat it on the day you get your graze box, for max. freshness)! I hate dry cakes.. The tea has a very unique taste. I can't really explain it.. But it tastes completely different to any other cuppa I've ever had. I wish I could buy the afternoon infusion tea bags in supermarkets - they taste amazing! I know I'd definitely buy them if they did! If I had to point any bad points out about the punnet as a whole, it would be the size of the cake.. It is very small. I think it could probably do with being a tad bit bigger!

My cat, Muesli, decided to sit all over my graze box and rip the lid, so now it doesn't stay closed.. She's strange when it comes to cardboard and things similar (like paper carrier bags, newspapers and boxes). She likes to sit on them, then play with them, and of course eventually rip them to shreds. I have a weird cat.. But I wouldn't have her any other way. Speak of the devil, she's just come and jumped on my lap. Cute! 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry for the late reply.. You can try one of the Graze boxes for free if you'd like. Just go to www.graze.com & enter the code N6JMVCH for a free box! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tea in the graze box is an assam blend, but i know what you mean i wish i could buy it in the shops too, its very nice, the twinings stuff they sell in the supermarket is very similar, but theres something missing (maybe the cake =D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know it was an assam blend. I'll have to go in search for that next time I'm in the supermarket & see how it compares! I've only ever had a tea/cake punnet twice since I've started getting Graze boxes. They need to dish them out faaar more often! :P

      Delete
    2. It says on the little tag that it's a blend of Assam and Kenyan teas. I'd also like to buy it in bulk - I'll email 'em and see what they say.

      Delete
    3. Correction: Assam, Kenyan and Earl Grey tea leaves (from the website). That explains the very slight perfume edge.

      Delete
    4. Ooh, thank you. May help me on my quest to find the perfect comparison! Although I still wish they sold it seperately, or atleast put it on 'send soon' occasionally, as they never seem to. :( :P

      Delete
  3. Just googled 'can you buy the graze afternoon tea' and read through this post..
    I have been getting the boxes a couple of months and had my first high tea today I was so excited.. I got the lemon and poppy seed cake and the same tea and oh my..both were delicious but the tea..it was incredible. I am a huge tea fan and I honestly have never enjoyed a cup more..I can't fond a tea online with the same components..dammit :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I can't find one either - bane of my life! Aw, I don't think I've had the lemon and poppyseed one before. Still patiently waiting for another punnet to pop through my letter box. I never seem to get them. Having only 2 cups of their tea in my lifetime is just not enough! They need to dish them out more! :P

      Delete