Monday 14 May 2012

I'm baaack!

I'm finally back from sunny Turkey and only 5lb heavier (bad I know, but it's 1lb less than the minimum weight I was expecting to gain whilst out there)! We went to 'Palm Wings Beach Resort' in a place called Altinkum. The weather was LUSH - between 25 & 27 degrees everyday and about 15/16 degrees during the night. AND I have the most amazing tan evvveeer!! A few people have even asked me if it's a real tan or not, haha!

We did lots whilst out there. Went on a boat trip, went to the beach, spend lots of money shopping and at the Saturday market! The market was absolutely mental, but very fascinating too. We both played football, table tennis, bingo, karaoke, and water polo. We both jumped off the top of a boat (about 2 stories high, I think) into the sea - I was terrified, but I still did it! Went on the water slides and went swimming. I did enough sunbathing for the whole year I think, haha. Went to the evening entertainment every night. Went to an al a carte restaurant on the last night and went out for a cooked english breakfast (a "fry up") some of the mornings. I only went in the internet cafĂ© once during the whole week, and that was only for 30 minutes (personal improvement there, I think).

Me & my boyfriend, Jago, paid to have a professional photo shoot taken, within our resort, whilst out there. The photos are so beautiful, we both love them and so does our families. It was a lot of money, but we reckon it was totally worth it. We got a photo album free too with 40 of the photos printed out and stuck down inside of it - such an amazing memory for us both to keep forever.

The food in our hotel was lovely! Well I say that, but the breakfast sucked which is why we went out some of the days for breakfast. But lunch and tea was amazing, and so was snack-time! I didn't have a lot of choice in foods, as I don't eat meat and their food was very meat dominated.. But what I could eat was delicious! The main things I could really eat was pasta, chips, potatoes, crepes/pancakes and bread.. Which I don't really eat much of anymore since I started calorie counting, which may have been partially why I put on so much weight in such a short space of time. I always bloated after eating too, which was quite embarrassing. But anyway, the food was DELICIOUS!

I did accidentally eat meat three times though. They do not label their foods with a 'V' or 'vegetarian friendly' or anything, and some of the foods that have meat in are not labelled clearly. One of the labels said "spinach and egg", so I took a big mouthful to find it also had ham shoved in it. So I spat what I hadn't already swallowed out. Same again with the label that said "stuffed vegetables". I took a big bite out of one to find out it had little bits of beef in it. One time was their fault though. I asked them "is this minestrone soup meat free", they said yes, so I was enjoying the soup until I came to the bottom of it. I had a spoonful and found a piece of lamb in my mouth.. So I fished around my soup to find there was about 4 pieces of lamb that had sunk to the bottom of my soup.. I was not a happy girly..

But overall, apart from the meat slip-ups, the week was incredible! We met some wonderful people and did some amazing things. I didn't want to leave! But I feel the week has brought Jago and I even closer and made us stronger as a couple. I am so happy to have been able to spend the week out there with the most amazing boy I have ever met, hehe. :3

Here's a few photos from our trip (click to enlarge):

















6 comments:

  1. congrats on your successful trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pictures. i'm in love with the last one.
    kisses

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. Thanks! The sunsets in Turkey were very beautiful! :) So hard to make them look as good in photos as it looks in person!

      Delete
  3. seems like a great trip :) love all the pictures and you're so so pretty.
    and really nice blog you have here, dear! keep up the great work!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for a late reply. Thank you very much. I'll try to! I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

      Delete