Saturday 9 June 2012

Fennel and halloumi salad.

Here is a recipe I have found in my new magazine, Body Fit. I saw the photo in the mag and it looked soooo good. I rarely try recipes in magazines any more, so I thought I'd try a few from this to get back into it. This recipe is called 'Fennel and Halloumi Salad'. As soon as I read the word 'halloumi' I knew I just had to try this, because I absolutely adore halloumi! This recipe serves 2 people. I did alter the recipe slightly.. I used only 100g of fennel, 1 tbsp of olive oil and only 30g of dried cranberries.. But I only altered it because that's all I had of each thing. My altered way of making this makes each serving approx. 260 kcal. This salad is literally sooo nice that I ate it for lunch and the other half for dinner! I am definitely going to be making this again soon!

What you need:
- 150g fennel
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g halloumi cheese, cut into small dice
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 50g dried cranberries, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes and drained
- 15g dill, chopped

Method:
1. Finely slice the fennel into a serving bowl and toss it in the lemon juice.
2. Place a frying pan over a high heat, drizzle in the olive oil, then reduce the heat to medium. Add the diced halloumi and cook for about two minutes on each side, until golden.
3. Add the garlic to the fennel and stir. Next, add in the cranberries and dill. Mix well and top with the warm halloumi.

***This is NOT my recipe. I did not create this. I have copied this recipe directly from page 55 in Body Fit's magazine (July 2012 issue).***

Please please please try this recipe - it is delicious and so refreshing! Definitely a favourite!

Also, there are more recipes I'll be trying out soon - hopefully this week! I have at least 3 more I'm desperate to make. So keep your eyes peeled for them! ;)

1 comment: