Wednesday 25 July 2012

Linwoods - FREE samples!

Linwoods is a relatively new discovery of mine. I found it in Cosmopolitan's "reader's summer checkbook" which, I think, came free with July's issue. Inside of it are loads of competitions/money off vouchers/forms for samples, which is how I found Linwoods. They're giving away free samples of their superfood products. And, as I love free stuff and trying new foods, I sent off for one. It arrived about 3-4 days afterwards, so pretty fast delivery considering it was completely free!

I received a 'flaxseed' sample and a 'flax, sunflower, pumpkin & sesame seeds & goji berries' sample. I tried it straight away, opening the 'flax, sunflower, pumpkin & sesame seeds & goji berries' sample, sticking a spoonful of it onto my soup. It tastes alright, not much taste too it really, and it doesn't feel horrible in your mouth. It looks as if it'd be really bitty and yuck, but it's not. I'm quite happy with it actually. So happy, that I went out and actually bought a big full sized bag of the stuff from my local Holland & Barrett (it cost £5.89)! I bought the 'flax, sunflower & pumpkin seeds' one, because they didn't stock the exact one I tried as a sample.
You can add a spoonful or two to any meal throughout the day - soups, salads, stir-fries, yoghurts, smoothies, cereal, porridge, casseroles and more! It provides a nutritious addition and a healthy boost to any meal! Full of antioxidants, vitamins, zinc, iron and fibre. It gives you a boost of energy too. It's quite a lot of calories for what it is.. But if you only use 1 teaspoon (which is approx. 1g), it's only about 5kcal. So it depends how much you're intending to use, I guess.



I, personally, have added it into soups, salads, natural yoghurt, cereal, sandwiches and pasta dishes. I'm sure I'll find loads of other things to add it into as well! This soup (photo above) is just Heinz Weight Watchers tomato soup with cooked button mushrooms added into it with a bit of home-grown parsley. The bitty bits on top of it is a teaspoon of the sample. It was so delicious!

How to get a free sample:
Email them, flax@linwoods.co.uk, with your name and address.
It's as simple as that.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment