Friday 20 July 2012

So this is what heaven tastes like?

 These three wonderful ingredients, Tesco healthy living mozzarella, Trattoria Verdi green pesto and Trattoria Verdi sundried tomatoes antipasti, are my new favourites! They all taste okay on their own, but stick all three together and they taste heavenly! So much flavour - it's beautiful! They're not the healthiest foods ever, I know, but they're actually not too bad. I discovered this amazing combination on a drunken night out.. There's a takeaway called 'Yum Yum' on the corner near all the clubs and they sell things like baguettes, paninis, sandwiches, etc. and I ordered the panini which had these three beauties in and now every time I'm hungry after a night out, I get one of these instead of getting the usual chips and a vegetarian burger. Yum yum yummm! I just loved it so much that I bought the ingredients myself so I could recreate it at home.

Here's some ideas I've come up with, which include these three ingredients, so far:

Mozzarella, sundried tomato and green pesto grilled sandwich. (approx 280kcal) - Turn on the grill, so it's ready. Just spread a little bit of green pesto on one piece of bread (I use Weight Watchers white danish, which is 50kcal per slice). Stick on about 3 thin slices of mozzarella and about 3-5 sundried tomatoes (depending on their size). Stick the other piece of bread on top and push it all down a bit. Then stick it in the grill. After about 5-10 minutes, or when it starts going slightly brown on top, turn it over and leave it for another 5-10 minutes. It'll be done when you can see the mozzarella starting to melt all out of the sides of the sandwhich. If you like really melty mozzarella leave it in a couple more minutes - just be careful not to burn your bread! Take it out and voila - the best grilled sandwich you will ever have! :)

Mozzarella, sundried tomato and green pesto wrap. (approx 312kcal) - Get out your wrap (I use Weight Watchers wraps, which are 106kcal per wrap) and lay it straight onto your plate. Spread a little bit of green pesto over the wrap. Stick a few thin slices of mozzarella on and then about 5-7 sundried tomatoes (depending on their size) on top of that. Fold two opposite edges slightly inwards, so they both just about touch the filling. Then, whilst trying to hold those edges down, turn the wrap and start rolling one of the unfolded sides towards the other unfolded side (sorry if this makes no sense whatsoever. It's a lot easier actually folding a wrap myself then trying to explain how to do it). Then you have your yummy wrap! You could now heat this up in a grill or microwave, if you like hot melty mozzarella, but I just ate it cold.

Mozzrella, sundried tomato and green pesto salad. (approx. 138kcal) - With this recipe you can change it up to however you want pretty much. I used my favourite salad things to bulk out the salad, which were spinach, lambs lettuce, mushrooms and a salad tomato. First I just made a bed with the spinach and lambs lettuce. I then cooked some button mushrooms with fry-light. Once they were done I stirred them in a small tsp of green pesto until covered. I then left those to cool a little. I got half a normal salad tomato and cut it into little bits and mixed it up with the spinach and lambs lettuce. I then cut up the mozzarella and sundried tomatoes (I only used 2 tomatoes for this) into little bits and placed them on top of the salad and then added on the mushrooms. This would be good to take as a lunchbox for work/school as it doesn't need to be heated or anything! :)


Mozzrella, sundried tomato and green pesto pasta. (approx. 488kcal) - I first cooked 75g of fusilli pasta and drained it and then put it back in it's pan. I then stirred in 2 small tsp of green pesto - it's a lot easier to stir it all together whilst it's still in the pan than doing it in a small bowl.. I then added about 3-4 sundried tomatoes, chopped, and half of the mozzarella, chopped, and stirred it all together. I put it in a bowl and placed the other half of the mozzarella, chopped, on top of the pasta. Next I put it in the microwave for about 1 minute so the mozzarella on top would melt more, as I thought the heat of the pasta wasn't really enough to get it all gooey and stringy. If you do this leave it to cool for a minute or two so you don't burn yourself/your tongue on it and then dig in! Yuuum!


Hope you enjoy these as much as I have! If you can think of anymore ideas which include these three ingredients, please share! I would LOVE to give them a go! I will also give full credit if I mention your idea on my blog! Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment