Thursday 31 January 2013

Lets get naked in the snow, for charity!

These last two weeks, amazing things have been going down in the little county of Wiltshire. Firstly, it's been snowing! I went to bed late one night and woke up in the morning to a winter wonderland! Best thing was I had no idea it was due to snow, so it was a complete surprise to me (all the snow has gone now though..). And secondly, a local woman, Leanne Myers, took the snowy weather and put it to some seriously good use. Simply by getting tastefully nude in the snow, for fun, and creating a Facebook page to post it on (click here for the Facebook page, or search " Wiltshire Lets get naked in the snow " on Facebook), she has created craze that everyone's taking part in. As it's got more and more popular, she decided to use it's popularity to raise money for an amazing local charity, 'Salisbury District Hospital Stars Appeal' (the charity helps local people around all of the wards and departments in the hospital, with particular focus on cancer, cardiac care and children/babies). The craze has taken the nation by storm and articles about it have been published in many different newspapers and it's been mentioned on websites from around the world. Leanne Myers has even been Skype interviewed by the US television show, 'Right This Minute' (click here to watch the interview). A website has also been created (click here for the website)!

As I love helping out great causes (my skydive for charity back in May 2012, for example), I just felt I had to take part. As well as helping to raise money for an amazing charity, it has really helped boost my self confidence. I have had lots of positive feedback from my family, my friends and even a few people I don't even know. My photo is featured on the official website's layout, which I was shocked to find out, but it was also another little confidence booster for me. I am so glad I took part in it and I'm very proud of myself. I would have never been able to have done something like this when I was bigger.

If you can, please dig deep and donate to help this amazing cause - no matter how big or small the donation is, every penny helps! Just go to the JustGiving page (click here for the page) and click 'Donate'. Since setting up the Facebook page, they have raised over £3,500 so far, which is incredible!

Soon they will be bringing out a calender, full of photos people have posted on the Facebook page, which will help raise even more money for the Stars Appeal! Once the calenders are available, I will edit this post and include a link to where they can be purchased from. :)

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for getting involved (you look fab!).

    I've recently done a naked shoot for a Naked Accountants Calendar 2014, despite my own hangups with my body (less snow, more golf course!). Liberating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I know what you mean. I was so nervous to upload it at first, but I'm glad I did. All the positive feedback has really helped and has helped me view my body a bit more positively. :)

      Delete